This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By ordering one of our testing suites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
- “Personal Information” is information you give us that can be used to identify you either alone or in combination with other information. We collect the following types of Personal Information: your full name, address, payment method details, e-mail address and phone number.
- “Samples” are the actual saliva, microbiome, urine and/or blood samples you provide to our partner labs to process on our behalf and the associated unique ID. They would not be considered Personal Information unless they were accessed by a person also having access to the link between the unique ID number and your Personal Information, which is kept under secure conditions by us alone. But we have included reference to them in this Policy to inform you as to our use of them.
- “Sample Information” is data generated through the analysis of your saliva, microbiome, urine and/or blood samples, including DNA data relating to your genotype.
- “Phenotypic Information” is your Personal Information, test results and any recommendations we provide to you.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Personal Information. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if we have obtained your consent to doing so;
- to notify you about changes
- We use Samples to derive Sample Information (see below).
- DNA samples are stored in the laboratory for 3 months, after which time they are destroyed. This is to enable you to authorise us (or someone else specified by you) to carry out further tests on your saliva sample as DNA testing improves and the data we can glean from it increases. Be assured that we will never carry out tests on your Samples, nor provide them to anyone else to test, without your express specific prior approval. DNA samples can be destroyed earlier on request by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sample Information. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information and recommendations;
Phenotypic Information. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from us, and that you request that we share with your healthcare or well-being professionals;
- as part of our efforts to keep your Personal Information safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you or them.
By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. If you wish, you may deny consent to the placing of Cookies, however, certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
This website uses the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of each of Our Websites, to use a shopping cart or to use our services.
- Analytical/ performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way in which Our Website work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to any of Our Websites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to each of Our Websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our Website more relevant to your interests.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Information with:
- any healthcare or well-being professional you request us to share your Phenotypic Information with;
- Our email distribution partner, Mailchimp (for use in email campaigns)
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- To protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You also have the following rights:
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold concerning you.
- The right to be ‘forgotten’ by us and have us erase any personal data we hold about you, if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data.